Sunday, March 22, 2009

I have a TWO year old!!

I can't believe that Blake is TWO!  He is so much fun and has so much to say about everything. He has learned so many words and trys so hard to talk to us.  We are so grateful to have him in our lives and couldn't picture life without him.  This is my Blake Gratitude list.

-I am grateful that Blake is TWO instead of a newborn.
-I am grateful that Blake still needs an eye rub when he needs to be comforted.  If you have ever had the opportunity to experience one of Blake's eyerubs than you would be grateful to.  
-I am grateful that Blake and I share this conversation about 30 times a day...over and over.
-Blake: "Mommy?"
-Me: "What?"
-Blake: "What?"
-I am grateful that Blake likes to be outside.  He would be all day if I would let him.
-I am grateful that Blake says his prayers...or tries.
-I am grateful that Blake likes the babysitters we get for him.
-I am grateful for Blake's bright blue eyes.
-I am grateful that Blake loves his Daddy.
-I am grateful for Blake's orange Keens.  Aren't I a little bit shallow.
-I am grateful that I get to be Blake's mom.
-I am grateful so grateful for Blake and all that makes him him.  There are so many more small things that we get to experience daily. 
March 22, 2007
A day in the life of Blake EVERYDAY!
My mom gave Blake a train set for his birthday.  He loves it.  He wouldn't take a nap today unless he could sleep with his train.  


9 comments:

Dana said...

And I bet Blake is grateful for you as well! So glad you have a little pal to love!

Janet said...

Amen to being grateful he's not a newborn! It's amazing how quickly you forget just how hard newborns are. Blake is such a cutie and we need to get him over to play with Camille!!

mckenna said...

Awwww!! Happy birthday little guy!! I love the "mommy-what-what" conversation! :) Too funny. Jack and I have pretty similar conversations lately. I think this is my favorite age. :) (Although I say that at any age if it's been an easy day). ;)

P.S. We'll be down conference weekend. Yipee!! We should do lunch or a play date or something!

Kristin said...

He is such a cutie!! I love that he has to sleep with his train kids are funny. Ok also he is really the FIST and only i bet, baby that look the same when he was born as be does now!! really cute little face bald head and everything!!

megship said...

Happy birthday little fella! It seems like yesterday we saw you guys driving home from the hospital...

Natalie said...

Ohhh. . . he is sooo cute! I loved that second picture - it just made me giggle. And may I add - no, you are not shallow (you are just simply enhancing Blake's fashion sense wtih orange shoes :) You guys are the best!

Kelli Hawkes said...

It's amazing how fast time goes by. Mine will be 3 next month! Crazy!!

Nathan and Kate McMurtrey said...

Blake is so adorable!! I just want to squeeze him all day long because he so so cuddly! You're such a wonderful mom Allie..it shows through your sweet little toddler!

Britt said...

I love the gratitude posts! Blake looks so much like you. Cute!